From: Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: cecashon <cecashon@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Thomas Dineen <tdineen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; ML-gtk <gtk-list@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Feb 18, 2017 8:33 am
Subject: Re: GTK Queue Draw Subtle Question

You can call g_idle_add() and various related functions from a non-GTK thread. This is easier and more reliable than using a timer. When your other thread has finished some work, add an idle callback in the main context. the idle callback should call gtk_queue_redraw() for the appropriate window/widgets.