Re: Gtk3 portability

You cannot simply ship a single file; at most, you can bundle all the
dependencies together and then use a launcher script to set up the
whole environment, but I would not recommend it.

You should probably look at Flatpak, instead: http://flatpak.org/

Flatpak solved the issue of building and bundling your application, as
well as sandboxing it. If you use GTK+ 3.x you will already have
access to all the required features to make it work.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

https://www.bassi.io
[@] ebassi [@gmail.com]