Re: Disabling "alt-*" menu functionality

I'm confused by your response: I'm not asking about application development, I'm asking about how to work with or disable gtk's handling of those mnemonics after the fact. It appeared that setting "gtk-enable-mnemonics=0" may have worked for all gtk-2 applications (per the ticket I linked), but it doesn't work now.

If this is the wrong mailing list, please suggest where else I should bring this up. The Ubuntu launchpad ticket I linked appears to be orphaned.

John