Re: 'color-activated' signal not emitting

Hi;

On 23 July 2016 at 21:25, Craig Cabrey <craigcabrey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> According to the docs [0], the "color-activated" signal is emitted upon
> the user making any changes to the current color.

Not really. The documentation says:

"""
Emitted when a color is activated from the color chooser. This usually happens
when the user clicks a color swatch, or a color is selected and the user presses
one of the keys Space, Shift+Space, Return or Enter.
"""

i.e. you need to activate the color, just like you'd activate a widget
or a menu item.

> I'm having trouble with this signal in two scenarios:
>
> 1) When a GtkColorChooserWidget is inside of a GtkPopover [1, 2]
> 2) When a GtkColorChooserWidget is inside of a GtkWindow [3, 4]
>
> I am not sure if I'm using GtkBuilder, signals, or pygobject
> incorrectly. The signal is being picked up correctly, because
> when I comment it out, GtkBuilder complains. However, even
> when I change a color, nothing is fired (and yes, I put a quick
> print statement in as a sanity check).

Can you create a small, self-contained test case that reproduces the
behaviour you experience, so that we don't have to clone, build, and
run a whole application?

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--