Re: Nim GTK3 editor

Op 07/10/2016 om 07:44 PM schreef Stefan Salewski:
> On Sun, 2016-07-10 at 19:19 +0200, infirit wrote:
>> You delete the whole file without restarting your session? Then you may
>> expect breakage like this, it is like forcefully removing the file you
>> are editing and then wondering why the editing application complains.
>>
>> Either restart the session or do it properly with "gsettings
>> reset-recursively ".
> Of course I terminated my editor application before deleting
>
> /home/stefan/.config/dconf/user

GSettings is a core part of GLib and if you remove it's dconf database
it will complain. Just restarting the app will not recreate the database.

> I have already read about that "gsettings> reset-recursively
> <schemaid>". But I was not sure about the exact string for schemaid.

In your case: gsettings reset-recursively org.gtk.ned

btw, you probably will want to change that to org.nim as you are just a
normal text editor afaics nothing to do with directly.

> For example for this example,
>
> https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/ch01s04.html#id-1.2.3.12.5
>
> do you have an idea how I can reset all the GSettings modifications
> that may have be done by that application?

The answer is in the gschema xml file, there is a line with <schema ...
id="your schema id">, the gsettings command line util requires this id.
There is a low level dconf util but I caution ppl to use it as it does
not have any knowledge of the schema, iow it can mess you up pretty bad.

I have written most of my dealings with gsettings down on [1], perhaps
it is useful for you.

~infirit

[1] http://wiki.mate-desktop.org/docs:gsettings