Tooltip over dark background

When I use a dark color scheme for GtkSourceView tooltips displaying
syntax errors look not really nice. For example I am using a color
scheme similar to this one currently:

http://ssalewski.de/tmp/NEd-SHD.png

Some weeks ago, when I still was using a light scheme, I could hover
over a syntax error (red underlined) and got the tooltip with black
background. Now I get the black tooltip still.

I have spent already two hours googling...

There seems to be no easy solution. Getting the GtkSourceView colors is
not easy, and setting the tooltip colors may be really hard. Plain
color setting is deprecated generally, so we have to use CSS I guess.
Maybe the only way is Pango markup? Well, may result in a whole day of
work, maybe a whole weekend, and maybe still not work :-(