Re: signal for closing app

The signal delete event is for the top level widget (usually window) and it's under the signal tab, and it's way way down under GtkWidget.  You also need code like
extern "C"
int on_MainScreen_delete_event()    {
    std::cout << "Quit main widget little x." << std::endl;
    gtk_main_quit ();
    return(FALSE);
For the file/quit I use "on_MainQuit_activate" and code like
extern "C"
void on_MainQuit_activate (void)     {
    std::cout << "File/Quit." << std::endl;
    gtk_main_quit ();
    return;                }
With a Chooser as the top levels you may need "gtk_widget_destroy (ChooseProjectDialog);" to get rid of it, but I'm getting a bit deeper than I should with that.  Regards Ian.