Who knows what a GSK?

Hello everybody. Then news came that added a new API (GSK) that allows you to transform of widgets on top of GTK. Perhaps I have not understood something correctly - so I decided to ask others who understand what is happening. Now i can interact over GTK components and after manipulation to send them to the processed version of the base layer rendering. For example I want to blur the button - I could write a shader glsl, and after staging it will render me a button with blur?