Re: Uniform look-and-feel on GNU/Linux

But what about to promot a Standard Look &Feell, say in Freedesktop. It can suggest how graphical objects should look, no matter of toolkit?

El abr. 13, 2016 3:59 PM, "Florian Pelz" <pelzflorian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
On 04/08/2016 10:37 AM, Fabio Pesari wrote:
> One of the accusations made against GNU/Linux is that there is no
> established "native" look-and-feel on it - GTK programs look different
> from Qt programs, JUCE programs look different from Qt programs, Tk
> programs and FLTK programs look different from everything else and so on.
>
> This claim isn't false, it's just that most of us simply don't care
> about it and often (unjustly) accuse those people of being superficial.
>
> But as the recent thread about blind users on libreplanet-discuss showed
> us, the widget toolkit used for a program can make a huge functional
> difference to some people.
>
> wxGtk gave me an idea: what if (optional) GTK3 backends were written for
> all other GUI toolkits (Tk, FLTK, JUCE, Qt, Fox, Swt, Swing)?

Actually there is a GTK+ 2 "backend" for Swing [1]. It draws all buttons
and text fields and so on like GTK+ does, but it does not always work
well. For example, some text input fields that work well with the
default Java Swing look are very small with the GTK+ look.

It also is no more accessible to blind users than the default look. How
could it be?

[1]
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/lookandfeel/plaf.html#available