Re: GSource count

fundamentally, it relies on OS facilities to wake a process when certain events happen. Some of those facilities are designed, these days, to handle web servers dealing thousands of concurrent connections. so at some level, the answer is "sure, it is fine".

however, whether or not glib actually harnesses those facilities correctly to scale up in this way is a separate question, and i suspect that it probably does not (e.g. use of poll (2) rather than epoll or kevent or whatever a more scalable mechanism on a given platform is). but my assessment could be wrong, and i'm sure others will contribute ....