Re: Announcement of Visual Studio 2015 projects and solutions for Gtkmm and GTK+

On Fri, 2015-11-27 at 11:11 +0100, codekiddy wrote:
> >It's important that improvements can be tracked as distinct commits,
> so
> >we can see what has actually changed and why.
>
> I understand, and thank you for your trust. I'll give my best to take
> time when possible.
> Can't promise to much since I'm pushing most of free time into my own
> project designs.
>
> What can't be misdone for sure is to add test projects, to existing
> solutions, since almost every
> source tree has sources for test projects but no actual project files
> to perform tests against the
> library once build is done.

Great. Patches are very welcome. Thanks.

> There is nothing wrong with currently present projects in source
> tree, and they work fine, assuming
> one follows directions mentioned in readme files and additionally
> follows Fan's tutorial, of course to
> make things easy.
>
> problem is building dependencies, there is no single place on the
> internet where users could
> download VS projects for dependencies that will truly work without
> build errors.
[snip]

This will continue to be the case unless the build files are in the
upstream dependencies' repositories where people can maintain them
together over time.

All attempts to do this separately fail.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc@xxxxxxxxxxx