Re: More documentation inconsistencies

Hi;

On 16 August 2015 at 17:46, Igor Korot <ikorot01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Emmanuele,
>
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi;
>>
>> I suggest you file a bug.
>>
>> In any case, deprecation does not imply lack of support; you can still
>> use stock items — except you'll get a warning at compile time and/or
>> at run time.
>
> True.
> But it gives a wrong impression that one can use stock items here...

Why would it be a wrong impression? You *can* use stock items.

You should not be using stock items in newly written code, but that
does not mean that existing code will break. The API is correctly
documented.

It can be changed to ensure that stock IDs are discouraged, but you
can still use them.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--