Re: Desktop as transient window

Jasper,

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As mentioned, dialogs are designed to be parented to a specific
> window. As the warning says, this is discouraged (and might cause
> things like Wayland not to work correctly). You can ignore the warning
> if you want.

Well, "Desktop" is a window, isn't it?
So why I can't set it to be a parent to a dialog?

And what if I have a dialog-based application? I should be able to set
the parent
to be a "Desktop", right?

Or maybe I just need to get a pointer to a :"Desktop" window and
supply it to that function?
Will it work like this? If yes - what is this function name, if any?

Thank you.