gtk_check_version() confusion

Hi, ALL,
Documentation says:

[quote]

Returns

NULL if the GTK+ library is compatible with the given version, or a
string describing the version mismatch. The returned string is owned
by GTK+ and should not be modified or freed.
[/quote]

So NULL is returned if my GTK+ version is >= than the supplied version
to check for? And the string is returned if not?

Let's say I have 3,12.5 and I want to check if I have >= 3.10.0.

if( !gtk_check_version( 3, 10, 0 ) )

will return true on my system, right? And if I have 3.5.x I will get a
string of some sort.

Thank you.