Re: GIO Extension Question

Hi;

On 22 April 2015 at 10:02, Konstantin P. <ria.freelander@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is possible to write a GIO extension or a Gtk module, which introdices a
> new backend to GtkStatusIcon? If possible, how can I do this?

No, it's not possible without patching GtkStatusIcon to use GIO
extension points, or GTK modules.

Having out-of-tree modules for GtkStatusIcon would also likely require
exposing internal API.

Finally: GtkStatusIcon is deprecated, and should not be used in newly
written code; this also means that it's very unlikely that we'll
accept patches that expose new API for it.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
https://www.bassi.io