Re: Drawing an insensitive widget

On Fri, 2014-08-08 at 00:11 +0200, ax487 wrote:
> My point is the following: when the
> widget is insensitive, it should look different to indicate this fact.
> Specifically the widget should look "greyed out" in some sense. The
> question is how to achieve this effect for a custom widget.

Did you read this fine document:

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk-migrating-GtkStyleContext-css.html

I am not doing widget development, but my impression is that the
gtk_style_context_lookup_color() function mentioned at the bottom may be
what you need, maybe together with GTK_STATE_FLAG_INSENSITIVE for
gtk_style_context_get().

Of course, when writing new widgets, it may be a good idea to inspect
some source code of existing widgets...