Re: Porting GTK+ app from defining custom stock items to using GtkIconTheme

> On Sun, 2014-03-02 at 12:52 +0100, Balint Reczey wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to move Wireshark from using the deprecated
>> gtk_toggle_tool_button_new_from_stock(), etc. API to use
>> gtk_toggle_tool_button_new() and friends instead [1].
>>
>> Wireshark defines many custom icons icons, but they can't be properly
>> set on buttons/toolbars or in menus. The ones loaded XPM format appear
>> scaled up while the ones loaded from inline pixbufs do not appear at all.
>> Stock GTK+ icons work fine.
>>
>> What do I miss? I could not find relevant parts in the new API, the
>> original code worked fine.
>>
>> I have tested the code with GTK 3.6 and 3.10 on Debian Wheezy and
>> experimental respectively.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Balint
>>

> I think this is your third identical post -- again with the
>
>>custom icons icons
>
> typing error. It may help when you can provide a minimal example
> program, preferable in plain C.
Grammar mistakes seems to be the only way of catching attention,
but thanks for pointing this out. ;-)
The link I have sent in two of my emails points to a gerrit review, where
I have marked the relevant parts.
Could you please check it? It should do as fine as a minimal example to
experienced eyes.

> It was my feeling that Wireshark switched to Qt about one year ago?
Several core developers, most notably Gerald Combs work hard on improving
the Qt GUI, but the GTK+ 2/3 GUI still works fine on Linux, too.
If the deprecation warnings could be fixed, we may be able to keep it alive for
some time.

The frequent API changes played a huge role in deciding to switch, but if I get
some help here in handling them I can keep the GTK+ UI in acceptable state.

Thanks in advance,
Balint