Re: Drawing over Desktop application

Compiz does offer an annotation plugin. Launch ccsm to enable it. You need to have the package compizconfig-settings-manager installed.

Anyway, I thought you were asking for a way to implement this. This is why I pointed you to the gesture recognition apps. They are all open source so you can easily check the source codes.