Animating widgets

Hi:

I want to know if there's anyway i can animate widgets with Gtk. For instance, I have a GtkBin with a GtkEntry container and I want to changed for a GtkTextView on certain event, and I want the switch to be animated.
As far as I got with Gtk2 that's not possible so far, Am I right ?
Would this be possible with Gtk3 ?
If it is, can someone put in the right direction ?

Thxs