RE: Can't find stock images under Windows

From: Dov Grobgeld
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 12:42 AM

Thanks Tor. That explains it. It does ring a bell now, when you tell me. I connected it with a problem I had with reading images in Glade under windows, but I guess that is a different problem.

2009/2/9 Tor Lillqvist <tml@xxxxxx>

> I'm having a problem findiing stock images under Windows. In the attached,
> there is an image beside the image on Linux but not under Windows.

As far as I know, it is intentional that with the ms-windows theme
there are no images on stock buttons. Whether buttons can have images
or not is something for the theme to decide.

If you do want images on buttons (I like them even if it is non-standard for Windows) you can do this to override the Windows theme setting (which may or may not be a good thing to do, depending on who will be using your program):

  /* Get Icons shown on buttons */

  settings = gtk_settings_get_default();

  gtk_settings_set_long_property(settings, "gtk-button-images", TRUE, "main");

Ian