Re: freeing GTK+ memory

Hi
> I.e. it is not expected that a program that uses GLib and GTK+ will> use their API, then stop using it but still keep running for a long> time. Such a scenario would be the only case in which it would matter> that GLib and GTK+ internal dynamically allocated data structures are> still allocated even if unused when no GLib and GTK+ functionality is> used any more.
never thought about that. Such a scenario must be very very rare.
> If you really plan to write such a program,
hell no, perhaps not now ... I don't think I'll ever write such a programm ;)but the workaround sounds interesting, perhaps I'll take look at it after all (just curiosity about how such things work)
One question remains unanswered though: if I use gtk_widget_destroy then the memory for this widget (and children ifthey exist) will be (automatically) freed by Gtk/Glib? Sometimes you really want to destroy a window/widget/whatever youdon't need anymore.
RegardsPablo
--Pablo Yánez Trujillohttp://klingsor.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/My public key: http://klingsor.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/gpg/supertux.asc