Re: SwingWorker like interface in glib main loop?

man, 08 09 2008 kl. 23:16 +0200, skrev DANIELLLANO@xxxxxxxx:> I just saw Havoc's blog entry "SYNCHRONOUS IO NEVER OK":> http://log.ometer.com/2008-09.html#7> > and I wondered if there is a> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SwingWorker> like interface in glib to run blocking code outside the glib main loop> to prevent locking the gtk+ GUI?> > Do you guys know an easy solution like SwingWorker for glib?
I wrote this GtkWorker some time ago:http://code.activestate.com/recipes/521881/
It contains a demo of running a heavy prime searcher in a thread, whileeasily featuring a progressbar, a process view and a cancel button.
It's in python, but I it could probably be translated in less than anhour. If I could write C I'd suggest something like it for the glib.
-- Best Regards,Med Venlig Hilsen,Thomas
Bomb, Riksdagen, Regeringen, Död, Terror, Mord, Planer,Muslimska brödraskapet, Alluah akbar, KärnkraftStop the Swedish surveillance: stoppafralagen.nu
_______________________________________________gtk-list mailing listgtk-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-list