Re: GTK-OSX Build Problem

I think this explains the problem:
most users will be running Mac OS X on Apple’s HFS+ file system, which, asof this writing, uses case-insensitive filenames. This creates a couple of gotchas formod_perl development. First, the mod_perl installation process will encourage you toinstall Perl’s LWP modules so that it can run a few HTTP requests to test mod_perlbefore installing it. Unfortunately, at the time of this writing LWP installs its HEAD scriptinto the /usr/bin/ directory. Although the case of any filename is preserved on HFS+,files called, say, FOO and foo cannot exist in the same directory. Thus LWP’s HEADprogram overwrites the Unix file-viewing utility /usr/bin/head.
I guess that I now have to reinstall head.
Cheers,
Chris

----- Original Message ----From: Jernej Simončič <jernej.listsonly@xxxxxx>To: gtk-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Thursday, August 7, 2008 9:36:45 PMSubject: Re: GTK-OSX Build Problem
On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 04:30:49 -0700 (PDT), Chris Share wrote:
> I I type "head -v" at the command line I get the following:
> This is lwp-request version 5.810 (libwww-perl-5.812)
This looks like case-sensitivity problem. The output you're seeing isgenerated by HEAD (note the capitalisation), which is a perl script bundledwith libwww-perl.
-- < Jernej Simončič >< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >< Contact address: >< jernej simoncic at isg si >