Re: Am I to por an old GTK 12. software to "new" GTK?

The complexity of porting all depends on what widgets you have used. If you have not used any obsolete widgets (e.g. you have only used GtkDrawingArea, Buttons and Entry fields), then the porting is trivial. If you have used lots of GtkCList and GtkText widgets, then things are getting complicated. If you are doing vector graphics, you may also want to move from using GdkDraw* functions to using Cairo, which adds another task. The easiest is just to try to compile it and see what happen.

Regards,
Dov