Re: Drawing with cairo

Igor Gorbounov wrote:> Diego A. Fons пишет:>   >> [...]>> My question is if there is a way of preserve the cairo context intact >> between the the calls to on_expose_event()? Why getting the cairo >> context in the on_realize() handler and storing it in a variable doesn't >> work?>>   >>     > Why, it works! Those are just examples. I use a context variable> as a member of my Plot class, and this variable is assigned in> an initialization method, and reassigned when plot area is resized.>     Igor Gorbounov>>   Strange because I have kind of the same experience as Diego...
At least using gtk-- and storing the cairo context obtained atconfigure time (maybe not at realization time, I have tried many variants I donot remember if I tried that variant), to use it in the handling of expose eventsjust did not work. I had to request a new cairo context for each expose events.
I never had time to fully investigate the problem, but I certainly had a similar experience...