Changing a GtkCellRendererCombo based on another column

Let's say I have two columns in my treeview: country and town.

When the user selects something from the combobox in the country column,
I want the contents of the combobox to change in the town column, so
that the user only sees towns in that country.

I could just change the town combobox model in response to the country's
"edited" signal, but when you click on a GtkCellRendererCombo, it shows
its menu before the previous cell has emitted that signal.

--
murrayc@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.murrayc.com