Re: Does gtk have issues with STL?

El vie, 08-02-2008 a las 14:50 -0500, Lindley M French escribió:> I'd love to think it's my own source code. However, the randomness of> the errors I get (or sometimes, don't get) prevents me from easily> tracking them down. Is there some randomization at work inside GTK? I> can't see why there would be, but it's the only thing I can think of> that would cause the same binary code to produce different behavior on> successive runs.
Or maybe it's a Heisenbug [1]. Memory corruption, thread unsafe code,etc, are likely to produce them.
> > And I can't form a test case until I know what triggers the crash,> because otherwise I won't know if absence of a crash is evidence that> the test is working or not.
As Murray said, use valgrind to check for memory corruptions or problemsthat may lead to random behavior.
Claudio
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisenbug
-- Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>