cloning widget tree for identical layout notebook tabs

Dear folks,

I'd like to create notebook tabs with identical layout and different
vaiable name space.

Think of each tab configuring variables of a struct and the notebook
corresponding to an array of structures. The number of tabs is determined
at runtime, while the layout is done using XML glade-2.

question:
How do I efficiently create more tab entries with the same layout as the
first but different name&variable spaces ?

One solution seems to be
	glade_xml_new_from_buffer
with root and domain options, but I wonder whether the copy-paste
process might be done elegantly within Gtk itself: like copying a widget
sub-tree and pasting it at a different node.

Doing the tab layout purely with the C-api in Gtk would limit its
complexity a bit.

Any insight much appreciated (checked FAQ and archives, maybe I
overlooked the obvious)

TIA1e6
Fred

--