Re: Problems building pango-1.18.0 on Mac

Hi Egon,

comments in-line.

Best regards
Michael

On Jan 26, 2008, at 2:33 PM, Egon Andersen wrote:

> Michael Tuexen wrote:
>> Did you also do
>> env PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig ./configure --disable-
>> png  --enable-quartz;
>> It is important to set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH...
>> (BTW, I'm using the tcsh, if you use anther shell you might
>> need a different way to set the environment variable...)
>
> I've set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH in .bashrc (I use bash) before starting
> the x-terminal I use. The path is displayed when I type: env
> And it was done before cairo configure and make.
> I believe I've followed the description you gave, but apparently the
> machines are behaving differently :-(
Hmm. I'm not using an x-term, but the Terminal App... What does you
$PATH look like?
Which OS version are your running? My is 10.5.1...

> When I use the x-options for configure for pango, I get through the
> configure phase, but the make is failing with the linker error
> described earlier.
>
> I've tried to follow your description even though I don't think it
> is using X11, but quartz. For the moment I'm just interested in
> having the pango installed and I'll then look at the X11 details
> later, if I need it, just as I don't care for the png part right now.
> Still it seems that I can't get passed the configure or make of
> pango :-(
Cut-and-paste on my side. I'm also using the X11 stuff. Just do not
user the --enable-quartz...
Sorry for the mistake.