Re: FileChooser: Change current path/file listing to directory typed into Location:

Toralf Lund wrote:
> Maybe a stupid question, but:
>
> A few Gtk revisions ago, I was pleased to find that the FileChooser was
> updated so that it would allow me to type in filenames by hand with
> auto-completion and all, into a "Location:" entry in the actual
> selection window (once it's enabled.) Like I said, rather nice in some
> cases, but what if you want to type in just a part of the path and go
> from there using point + click? I mean, is there a way to get the path
> (as displayed in the button row on the top) for the selectable files?
Whoops. The above sentence should actually read:

    Is there a way to set the path for the selectable files to the one
entered into the "Location:" field?

But maybe you figured that out already...
> can't just type, then press Enter, since that will actually trigger the
> Open action, which is not what I want. Or actually, I may change this
> behaviour in my own program, but is there some sort of built-in
> behaviour I can use instead?
>
> - Toralf

Toralf Lund <toralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> +47 66 85 51 22
ProCaptura AS                       +47 66 85 51 00 (switchboard)
http://www.procaptura.com/          +47 66 85 51 01 (fax)