32-bit/64-bit Gtk+ libraries

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding building 64-bit Gtk+ libraries on
sparc64.

First of all, I'd like to know whether sparc64 is a configuration that
is supported (or rather known to work) at all.

Then I'd like to know whether there is any recommended way of
installing 32-bit and 64-bit libraries along each other.

I have the 32-bit libraries installed, and when configuring in order to
build 64-bit libraries, pkg-config is run and picks up e.g. the 32-bit
png12 package, doesn't it?

How do I build and install both 32-bit and 64-bit on the same machine?

TIA.

Greetings,
Stefan

--