Re: GtkScrolledWindow in full screen

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Jonh Wendell <jwendell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote :

>The widget size is exactly the screen size, say, 1280x800.
>
>When i put my window full screen, i still see the scrollbars, but they
>are not necessary, because the widget is the only widget visible on
>screen, and its size is the same as the screen size.

Is that really true? I think not. If I have a GTK window containing only
one widget of size 1280x800, the window is still 1284x804 because the
window manager has added a border-frame around it. So when maximized on
a 1280x800 screen the widget is only allocated 1276x796 and the
scrollbars are required.
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Windows NT crashed.
message are purely   | I am the Blue Screen of Death.
my opinion. Don't    | No one hears your screams.
believe a word.      |