Catching key press events

I've designed a form with Glade to be the front end to a database
application.  I'm using a variety of text/entry and treeview
components to display the data.  I want to grab "page down" and "page
up" key events to move through records.  I was looking in the GTK+
API documentation and I saw a number of references to GDK regarding
keyboard events.  However, the GTK docs also mentioned a function
called "gtk_main_do_event" that is supposed to be used to process GDK
events.  I'm confused if this is just for passing an event or can be
used for filtering.

So, my question is simple.  What is the best way for the main form to
catch a key press event?  Any snippets of code would be appreciated.