Re: configure_event for eventbox

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 15:44 -0700, Darren Hart wrote:> > > On 8/15/07, Darren Hart <darren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>         >         >         On 8/15/07, David Nečas (Yeti) <yeti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>                  Look at Gimp's toolbox >                 widget which does something similar.>         >         Excellent idea!  I'll do that (wonder why that didn't occur to>         me...)>         > > Wow! It seems horribly complex, but maybe I'll have to go that route> in the end - I think the container widget would consume more code than> my application at the moment!  They created new wbox (wrapbox)> container widget.  I'd much prefer to just be able to extend the table> as I'm doing here.  But the problem I am running into is that if I try> and resize() the table and reattach the children in size_allocate() as> appropriate, I enter a circular size_allocate() call.  Is there a way> I can tell it to not call size_allocate until I'm done populating the> table?
quite often there are things that you'd like to find a GTK API call for,notably "too tell it something". in the end, you realize that you haveto fall back on your own flags for that.