dependencies

    I am trying to build the newest gtk+ and the X libraries I am using want
freetype and fontconfig. Fontconfig seems to have disappeared I finally
found a 2.3.2 version and it doesn't want to compile. I used to get around
this by shutting off freetype compilation but that switch seems to be no
longer available. I have Xft installed and I believe that's a freetype
library of sorts. And the latest version doesn't want to compile. I used to
use the switch --with-libiconv=gnu and it would compile. Not anymore. Has
anyone kept up with the changes and knows what's going on?

Bill