Re: gtk install problems

I got it.  It was something about atk.  I compiled and installed atk
and it seems to have fixed anything.  I'm still annoyed that none of
the error messages mentioned atk.  And I still wish I knew, just for
my own edification how something like this could occur but I won't
bother you all anymore.  Thanks all the same.