Re: GObject Interface vs Pure Virtual Class

Le samedi 12 mai 2007 à 14:13 +0800, Kuang-Chun Cheng a écrit :> Sorry if you receive this twice, I send this to gtk-devel-list which I> registered before,> but somewhat my email to gtk-devel-list bounce back ...> > > Hi,> > I'm studying GObject system and found that I can implement both > Pure Virtual Class (by setting all member functions NULL to make the> class pure virtual)> and an Interface in GObject.> > I'm a C programmer without much C++ experiences, but according > to my understanding ... pure virtual class in C++ is Interface.  Am I> correct ?> > My guess is, in GObject, provide extra API to implement an Interface> is just another easier way to implement pure virtual class. > GObject interface will add more internal check which is better> than just set the member function to NULL, but ... there are> the same stuff, am I correct ?> > Does any other good reason why GObject need an extra API set > for Interface ?> > What's the different between Pure Virtual Class and Interface> in GObject system ?
A GObject class can inherit from only one parent (which might bevirtual), but you can add as many Interfaces as you like. It is somewhatsimilar to multiple inheritance in C++ (more like the D languageactually).
Jean