tree-view columns

Hi, forgive what may be quite a simple/inane question, but is it
possible to select the columns in a tree view widget as well as rows?

Example: I have two columns (a background and foreground) and two items.
One item is text, which resides in the foreground column, and the other
is an image which is placed in the background column. Both items are in
the same row. Is it possible for me to select the image without
selecting the entire row (ie the image and text).

Again, I'm sorry if this is a ridiculous question. Any help is appreciated.

~Caleb W.