Re: Sample simple container.

On 3/30/07, Murray Cumming <murrayc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 16:45 -0300, Alexandre Moreira wrote:
> > I would like to have a way to create composite widgets without
> > exposing the base Container  methods (Let's say I used a box... it
> > would have the box's methods and all the GtkContainer methods... and I
> > wouldn't like client code to call gtk_container_add on a widget that
> > is not supposed to "mean" a container)
> >
> > So, I would like to create an as-simple-as-it-gets container that
> > descended only from GtkWidget  so that it wouldn't really have methods
> > to act like a container (Its only child widget would be set as a
> > constructor parameter and overrided by its descendants).
>
> I can offer a simpe custom container in gtkmm:
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gtkmm/trunk/examples/book/custom/custom_container/
>
> It derives from Gtk::Container, but I'd expect any container to do that.

Thanks Murray, I'll give this one a better look.

It just stroke me that I don't need a "container" in the GtkContainer
sense of the word, only a widget that is capable of delegating every
event handler it has to a single child. Like size allocate, expose,
etc...

Can anyone help me with the methods I'd have to override to pass
events on to this child widget ?

Regards,
Alexandre Moreira.