Re: Confused Newbie

Purbeck Consultancy wrote:
> Folks, I notice with my applications that I am getting endless instances
> of the following errors:
> GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `pixbuf != NULL'
> failed
> GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `pixbuf != NULL'
> failed
>
> These are with all apps, including nautilus and Pan.

Install debuginfo packages for the gtk libraries (I don't know what they
are called on Suse) and then run one of your gtk programs from the
command line with the "--g-fatal-warnings" argument. Hopefully the
backtrace this generates will have some more useful info (like what
pixbuf it is trying to access).

- Mike