Re: Statusbar not showing proper message

hi,

it's a bit difficult to understand your misunderstanding without
knowing exactly what you're expecting to see.

as written, it performs exactly as i'd expect: message one is
displayed, which is immediately (and probably so quickly you don't
even see message one) replaced with message two; just as you describe.

if you'd like to see message one, then don't push message two.  any
pushed message to the statusbar stack will become the visible
message, regardless the contents of the rest of the stack (having the
same context, of course).  and if you want to see message one again,
pop message two, etc.  (see example change to your code below).

as well, you obtain the same context twice.  this is unnecessary to
do a second time if the context hasn't changed and isn't different
than the first.  what do you think this context is and why are you
fetching the same value twice?

richard

On Feb 23, 2007, at 10:42 AM, ashok@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello List,
> I write one callback function on a button clicked.
>
> void
> on_button1_clicked                     (GtkButton       *button,
>                                         gpointer         user_data)
> {
>   GtkWidget *stat;
>   guint cont;
>   stat=lookup_widget(window1,"statusbar1");
>
>   cont=gtk_statusbar_get_context_id(stat,"context");
>   gtk_statusbar_push(stat,cont,"statusbar one");
>   system("find /home/ashok -name abc -type f");
>
>   cont=gtk_statusbar_get_context_id(stat,"context");
>   gtk_statusbar_push(stat,cont,"statusbar two");
>   system("find /home/ashok -name abc -type f");

      sleep(1);

     gtk_statusbar_pop(stat, cont);