Re: here's my problem

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 18:43 -0500, Marcelo Yezzi wrote:> Hello all> > I'm trying to figure out what is the title text of the active window in> my screen. I need that information to name a file that will be later> used in another application.> > As an example, if  I had to name a file right now it should be something> like "here's_my_problem", since that's the tile of the currently active> window in my system> > So my questions are:> > 1. How do I get information about the currently selected window? > 2. How do I get the title of that window? (I've been reading about> Gtk::Window::get_title(), but I'm not sure)> > I'm open to pretty much any programming language although I'd prefer> either C or Perl.> > Thanks in advance for any hint
You can use libwnck, which has a wnck_screen_get_active_window function. Once you get a WnckWindow objectyou can query pretty much any window-manager-y aspect of it.
There is documentation from libwnck in the source tarball, and once itis installed, you can look at it useing devhelp, for example.
HTH.
-- m

-- Mariano Suárez-Alvarezhttp://www.gnome.org/~mariano