Re: Private function

В Птн, 01/12/2006 в 20:52 +0000, Edward Catmur пишет:> On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 18:38 +0300, Andrew E. Makeev wrote:> > Btw, the purpose of question was not to determine why I couldn't call> > that private function using GTK library.> > > > I would to know if I could patch GTK code to make function public and> > use it in my code without having any troubles? And if so, why that> > function was designed as private originally?> > Hardly a good idea; no-one else will be able to use your application.> > Functions are designated private because creating public API is costly.> If it's in API you have to maintain it; you can't change implementation> details that the API used to hide.> > That said, that function does look a good candidate for public API; try> putting a patch together and getting comment on it.> > On the other hand, have you tried setting the column to COLUMN_FIXED> while adding data and back to COLUMN_AUTOSIZE afterwards?
Well, it works in some tricky manner... But that way is almost perfectfor my needs.I had to add set_column_resizable( TRUE ) after setting COLUMN_AUTOSIZEthough.
thanks,-andrew