directfb

The "best" way to set up dual boot XP/Linux at the moment is with
> 3 partitions:  one with ntfs, one with fat32 for exchanging files and
> one with ext3 or whatever filesystem you want to use with Linux.
> Reading and writing to ntfs is currently still a problem for Linux.  It
> is getting better but in the mean time it is better to use a common
> fat32 partition if you want access from both operation systems.
> This glosses over swap partition process.  In the near future Linux
> will be able to reliably read from and write to ntfs filesystems but
> until then an intermediary is needed (fat32 with its' 4G file size.)
>
> later,
> charles.....

    What can I put in the fat32 partition? I have win98se but my computer is
so new I run into a lot of problems. I have DOS 6.21 on 3.5" floppies but my
coputer has no floppy drive. My xp version came with my computer and it's a
strange distro. I don't see an xp bootloader that gives me an option to load
two different OSs. I can get grub into the MBR.

Bill