Re: Need clarification about gtk_widget_set_events()

DC A wrote:

>Hello! Can anyone kindly clarify when to use gtk_widget_set_events()
>routine? I know every widget has some default events. But how can we be sure
>which events are automatically selected by widgets and we don't need to call
>the above mentioned routine? Thanks.

You probably want to use gtk_widget_add_events() so as to leave the
widget's default event mask in tact, you want to call it before the
widget is realized.

when a widget is gtk_widget_show()'n inside a heirarchy with a visible
toplevel
(this is called and "anchored" child widget) and you return to the GTK+
mainloop;
the widget will finally be realized.

its safe to call directly after creating the widget before showing it.

Cheers,
                               -Tristan