How to autostart X11 from GTK application on Mac OS X

	Hi,

	First of all, apologies if this has already been covered on this list
but the archive search is down.
	I have a GTK application that works under Mac OS X. My goal is to be
able to run this program from a Mac 'bundle'. I have been able to gather
runtime files for GTK and I can start the program from a shell script
that sets the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH. I have now been able to use the
'install_name_path' to alter the dynamic library links for my program to
point to relative links in a bundle (Contents/Frameworks). If I run the
program via SSH (and X11 forwarding is on) I am able to run my program
without needing the shell script. Great.
	That is until I try running the bundle from within Mac OS X itself. The
problem comes when the program starts it doesn't have any 'DISPLAY'
environment variable and gtk_init_check returns false. Now, my program
is built to be run either with GUI or without, so it goes and sits in
non-gui mode. :/ .. So, I can run my program from a bundle within Mac OS
X, I just can't get it connected to X.
	I tried running X11 before starting my program. No change. I tried not
having the X libraries within my application's bundle. No change, still
don't get a display. If I set the display variable within a Mac OSX
'Terminal' and X11 is running, my program starts up great.
	So, question is, how do I get Mac OS X to a) start X11 for me, and b)
provide my program the equivalent of the 'DISPLAY' variable so
gtk_init_check will be happy there's an X display there and all will
come to life?
	I'd appreciate any help about it. This may not even be the correct list
to ask such things on (since it's a big Mac related) but since I'm using
GTK for my cross-platform GUI, I thought I'd ask).

	Thanks,

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper@xxxxxxxxxxx - (812) 856 0111