Re: Programmatically Collapsing a Widget

After investigating a little more myself, the solution seems to be
rather straightforward:

calling gtk_window_resize(dialogue, 1, 1) collapses the dialogue to
the minimum size required to display the dialogues contents.

If anybody has another interesting method, please forward, I prefer
to know multiple ways of getting where I need to be.  At the same
time, this problem is now solved.

cheers,

richard