Re: GTK+ 2.10.4 released

On 9/25/06, Attilio Fiandrotti <attilio.fiandrotti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And the DFB backend was indeed found to be broken by the gtk-gnome
> Debian team when they tried to build a DFB flavour of GTK for use in the
> debian-installer.
> Is there a way to check if the DirctFB backend builds correctly before a
> major GTK relase, like (i guess) is done for X and win32 backends?

The rule we have followed in the past is that the X backend has to build
and work. The win32 releases have generally lagged behind the major
GTK+ releases for a bit.

The best way to ensure that the directfb or any other backend works
in released versions of GTK+ is to make sure that it works in cvs...

Matthias