Re: back to basics

In some cases you might find it easier to use either
g_shell_parse_argv () or g_shell_parse_argv () as alternatives to
scanf() when using glib. Numbers may then be extracted through a
simple atof() or atoi().  This usually gives better control and error
handling than scanf(), imo.

Note though, that if you are using scanf, this means that you are
parsing a syntax. You'd be better off choosing one of the common meta
syntaxes for expressing your data. E.g. XML, JSON, YAML. (Though the
latter appearantly has no c-binding), or "ini" files through the
GKeyFile parser() in glib.

Regards,
Dov