Re: How to get notified when a GdkWindow becomes hidden/invisible/unrealized?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for listening to me :-)

> GtkWidget provides a couple other signals that might be of interest
> though: "unmap", "unmap-event", and "visibility-notify-event".  My bets
> would be on visibility-notify-event as being the most likely candidate
> for being useful.  Perhaps a combination if visibility-notify-event and
> unrealized (if visibility-notify-event doesn't get fired on window
> destruction).  I haven't done any testing to determine when these
> events are fired, but it shouldn't be difficult to do.
>
> Now, you may be able to tap in to these events within GdkWindow, just
> without using signal handlers; I really don't know (and I haven't gone
> poking around in the GdkWindow code yet to find out).

Yes this was also the problem I faced, I read about these signals in
GTKs documentation but desperatly tried to find a way for listenig
these events in Gdk.
Any hints about that, maybe someone else could help *please*, I just
don't know enough about GTK *ashamed* :-/

> HTH, and I hope you have some good success in improving GTK's redraw
> performance.
Well gtkperf showed a 35% improvement just beceuase of modifications
in the double-buffer code on nvidia graphics hardware :-)

lg Clemens